To promote and provide quality medical and dental health care to the uninsured poor of the City of St. Joseph and Buchanan County.
- Let the health and welfare of the patient be our guiding force
- Respect the individual and communities we serve
- Assess and Advocate for the health needs of the underserved populations
- Maintain qualified staff with a commitment and conviction for our mission
- Exercise sound governance
- Deliver a quality and transparent business model embedded with sound integrity, and accountability to the community, partners, donors, and patients
- Minimize waste and energy consumption while re-using and re-cycling when possible
The Mission of the Friends of the Free Clinic is to fully support the Social Welfare Board in providing quality medical and dental care to the indigent uninsured population of Buchanan County.
The Friends of the Free Clinic, a 501(c)3 organization founded in August 2008, supports the efforts of the Social Welfare Board in its mission to provide quality medical and dental care to uninsured persons in need, living in Buchanan County, Missouri. The Friends of the Free Clinic (FOFC) also works to increase awareness of the Social Welfare Board’s clinics and the importance of the services provided. The FOFC enables the Social Welfare Clinic to obtain funding from donors who require a 501(c)(3) IRS designation.